Omaha National, a workers compensation insurance company in the Omaha area, is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our growing team. This position will focus primarily on the account reconciliations, resolution of technical accounting issues and preparation of financial reports to meet out external reporting needs. This includes, but is not limited to, the preparation of financial reports prepared in conformity with the generally accepted accounting principles in the United States of America (GAAP). The ideal candidate is a detailed individual with at least two years of accounting experience, in public or private practice, with a strong acumen for technical accounting and desire to learn. We are looking for a positive role model who will embrace and support our culture that combines high standards for performance and behavior with an inspirational, honest, and friendly environment.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries
- Prepare month-end, quarter-end and year-end reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly/annual financial statements in conformity with GAAP
- Assist with any other reports on an as needed basis, including financial information prepared for our Board of Directors, Bankers, Auditors, Accountants and Consultants.
- Prepare and maintain detailed accounting records of complex accounting matters – including, but not limited to, re-insurance, investments, leases and stock-based compensation.
- Research accounting issues and the application of new accounting guidance as needed.
- Assist with the year-end external GAAP audit and annual tax return filing.
- Provide positive, clear, and effective communication across all departments and to outside auditors, accountants and consultants.
- 2+ years’ experience in general accounting or financial reporting required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills with superior attention to detail.
- Able to multitask and prioritize workloads.
- Able to produce accurate work quickly, consistently and with a sense of urgency.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Experience working in an ERP Accounting System (Sage Intacct Software experience is a plus)
- Insurance accounting experience not required.
Omaha National provides a stable, positive work environment, competitive pay, excellent benefits, tuition reimbursement, 401K, and paid vacation and sick leave.