Omaha National is seeking a Claims Adjusting Specialist to join our growing team. In this administrative role, you are responsible for providing support to the Claims Adjusting team. This is a fast-paced role in which you will be dealing with time sensitive material, urgent requests, and confidential information. You will be managing high volumes of electronic documents daily and the work must be performed at a very high level of speed and accuracy.
As the ideal candidate, you are service-oriented, team-focused, prompt, and meticulous. The right candidate will embrace and support our culture that combines exceptionally high expectations for performance and behavior with a supportive, upbeat, and friendly environment.
- Compile and organize legal and medical records to send to attorneys or medical providers.
- Make outbound calls to medical providers to make appointments or request medical records.
- Process payments.
- Follow established claims policies and practices to identify any potential claim issues.
- Reviews, prepares, creates and/or sends letters, reports and forms.
- Review, comprehend, and correctly identify complex medical, financial and legal documents.
- Other tasks as assigned including document management and data entry.
- Inputs and review notes in claims management system as instructed.
- Research and resolve problems and questions.
- Provide high levels of customer care with a friendly, helpful attitude.
- In the context of a new, growing company embrace and support continual change in work duties and processes.
- Able to work at a fast pace while processing confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of accuracy.
- Able to quickly and accurately distinguish between different types of documents, including complex technical, medical, and legal documents, in order to identify them for correct routing and handling.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and a demonstrated ability to master other software applications as needed.
Omaha National provides a stable, positive work environment, competitive pay, excellent benefits, tuition reimbursement, 401K, and paid vacation and sick leave.