Omaha National is seeking an experienced Board Resource Coordinator. Are you the kind of person who never drops a ball, who always crosses every “t” and dots every “i"? Are you a meticulous planner who follows up on every detail? Do you thrive on flawlessly performing important technical work? If so, you may be the right person for this high-profile role in which you will be working with top executives and handling multiple priorities, urgent requests, and confidential information. This position is responsible for the successful operation of our Board of Directors as well as performing technical work related to Board matters. Functions include flawless preparation of complex materials for Board and committee meetings, responding to requests from company executives and Board members, planning travel and accommodations, attending Board and committee meetings, preparing agendas and minutes, and maintaining the Board portal and materials.
This is a challenging and rewarding job. You will act as a conductor with a keen eye for detail and the ability to thrive under tight deadlines. To be successful you must have a genuine drive for perfection and be service-oriented, team-focused, prompt, and meticulous. The right candidate will embrace and support our culture that combines exceptionally high expectations for performance and behavior with a supportive, positive, and friendly environment. Everyone you will work with are good people: there are no big egos or difficult personalities here. Even under pressure we work with smiles on our faces and support and appreciate each other.
Provide support to the Board of Directors and the Corporate Secretary, including:
- Prepare agendas for the Board and its Committees.
- Serve as the primary manager of the Board’s online portal.
- Coordinate the collection and distribution of materials for Board and Committee review.
- Manage the schedule of the Board and Board Committee meetings, including creating and updating an annual schedule in coordination with the CEO, Board Chair, and Committee Chairs.
- Plan and manage events and logistics for Board-related events, including the annual Board retreat, venue, meals, travel, etc.
- Assist with the review, approval, and signature process for Board and Committee minutes.
- Oversee the preparation of expense reports for Board members and approve them in accordance with policy.
- Prepare and file any required Board reports to oversight entities.
- Serve as records coordinator for all Board materials in support of the company’s record management program, including producing records for legal and regulatory matters.
- Perform technical work related to Board functions.
- Travel to Board meetings and Board events, which can include overnight travel outside Omaha three or four times each year.
- Serve as a role model for the Company’s friendly, professional, and supportive culture.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors and an understanding of governance principles and processes.
- Professional experience in one or more of the following functional areas:
- Executive support or Board of Directors support
- Program administration or project management
- Enterprise level operations and governance support
- A knack for organizing, planning, and keeping processes involving the work of multiple people on schedule.
- Exceptional strength in writing, proofreading, and copy editing.
- Naturally gifted at becoming a power user of technology including video conferencing, document management, proprietary software applications, and all standard office technology.
- Strong spoken communication and professional relationship-building skills.
- Action-oriented work style; strong strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills; able to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity.
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics and integrity; ability to handle highly sensitive information with discretion and impeccable confidentiality.
- Intuitive mindset and effective use of discretion and independent judgment; able to look beyond the assigned task and consider tangential and collateral connections, problems, opportunities, and possibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal degree preferred.
Omaha National employees who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 receive a $300 bonus. In addition, Omaha National provides a stable, positive work environment, competitive pay, excellent benefits, tuition reimbursement, 401K, and paid vacation and sick leave.