Underwriter 1 (Entry Level)
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right individual to pursue a career in insurance underwriting as part of a new and growing underwriting team. Workers compensation underwriting is an intellectually interesting and professionally rewarding position that plays a critical role in the success of the company. In this role, you will learn to assess risks and follow an analytical process to gain necessary information and determine appropriate premium pricing. The ideal candidate possesses an exceptional aptitude for clearly analyzing complex and often incomplete sets of information to consistently arrive at sound conclusions. Our in-house training will provide the tools needed for the right candidate to successfully master the necessary skills.
- Carefully analyze relevant data to determine the appropriate price for each risk, discerning between information that is statistically significant and predictive versus information that appears meaningful but is not.
- Prepare quotes in accordance with established underwriting processes.
- Actively foster and sustain an open, collaborative partnership between underwriters and marketers.
- Participate in meetings and discussions to continue the evolution of underwriting processes and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus but not required.
- Experience in insurance, particularly workers compensation insurance, is a plus but not required.
- A keen, logical mind and a strong aptitude for analytical thinking.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Rock-solid honesty, openness, and ethical values.
- Highly collaborative, ego-free work style; fit into a culture in which people genuinely enjoy working together.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to rapidly master specialized software programs.