This is an outstanding opportunity to join a young, growing workers’ compensation and payroll services company. As a member of the Finance Department, this individual will join an experienced and committed group of entrepreneurial leaders building an exceptional insurance and employer services organization.
Responsible for assisting the CFO and Controller on a wide array of routine to complex corporate accounting and financial reporting as well as other transactions. As a member of the accounting team, this individual also serves as a positive, professional role model who embraces and supports our culture, which combines exceptionally high standards for performance and behavior with an upbeat, ethical, and friendly environment. This position reports to the Vice President of Finance.
- Prepare and record journal entries.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Ensure required approvals are obtained for the disbursement of funds.
- Ensure financial statements, general ledgers and subsidiary accounts for multiple entities are prepared in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and/or statements for multiple entities,
- Handle confidential and non-routine information; assist in compiling and preparing client and regulatory agent reports.
- Supports information needs of external auditors, internal auditors, and state examiners in an effective and timely manner.
- Assist in determining appropriate accounting policies for the Company as related to the introduction of new products and/or investments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Five years’ experience in accountancy/finance roles.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and Statutory accounting. Experience with Reinsurance accounting is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel. Demonstrated ability to master other software applications as needed.