Omaha National is seeking a Premium Auditor to join our growing team. This position will complete premium audits for recently expired workers’ compensation policies. The audits include contacting clients to request payroll and tax records, completing interviews about client operations and employee duties, and classifying and summarizing payroll data to complete the audit in accordance with Bureau rules. We are looking for a positive self-starter who will embrace and support our culture that combines high standards for performance and behavior with an inspirational, honest, and friendly environment.
Prior experience in payroll or workers’ compensation is not necessary – we will provide the training!
- Communicate with clients both orally and in writing to request payroll and tax records.
- Complete interviews via phone to obtain a description of operations and employee duties.
- Utilize manuals to properly determine the exposure base and classifications that apply.
- Review and analyze a variety of payroll, tax, and accounting records and determine what payroll is included for premium calculations.
- Create audit reports that summarize workers’ compensation exposure by class code.
- Communicate with clients about classifications and resolve conflict when disputes arise.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and resolve conflict.
- Exhibit focus and motivation to work independently.
- Ability to use good judgement.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply rules from various manuals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, other Microsoft Office software, and the aptitude to learn other software applications.