Policy Management Specialist
Omaha National is seeking a bright, diligent, organized individual to be trained as our Policy Management Specialist. This individual will manage a variety of functions relating to the issuance and management of workers compensation insurance policies. The ideal candidate is organized, prompt, and meticulous, with the ability to learn complex rules and concepts, spot issues, correct problems, and produce highly accurate work at a steady pace.
- Take ownership of the policy management function, helping develop, implement, and refine systems and processes to ensure this important work is done in an accurate and timely manner.
- Establish and maintain positive, friendly, effective working relationships with a wide variety of departments and positions within the company including Client Services, Accounting, and Premium Audit, serving as a role model of collaboration and cooperation.
- Rapidly attain a high level of expert knowledge regarding the applicable regulatory requirements.
- As we expand our business into new states, rapidly attain a high level of expert knowledge in the forms, processes, and requirements of each new jurisdiction.
- Bind and issue policies.
- Verify correct calculations, terms, and special endorsements for inclusion in policies.
- Ensure policies are issued correctly for payroll-plus-comp and insurance-only clients.
- Complete and submit state-mandated forms and reports.
- Handle new policy CRITs.
- Manage mid-term policy changes such as additional endorsements.
- Manage policy cancellations and non-renewals, including applying pro rate or short rate, sending appropriate notices, and submitted state-mandated reports.
- Process final audits.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Upbeat, professional, and collaborative communication style.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply complex technical and legal writing.
- Prior experience in the insurance industry, and particularly with insurance policies, is preferred. However, a candidate does not need prior experience in all the duties of the position; training will be provided for the aspects of the work with which the successful candidate is unfamiliar.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and the aptitude to rapidly master industry-specific software applications.
Omaha National provides a stable, positive work environment, competitive pay, excellent benefits, 401K, and paid vacation and sick leave.