Omaha National is seeking a motivated professional to join us as a Customer Service Specialist. Our Customer Service Specialists take calls from a wide variety of people including injured workers, employers, medical professionals, and attorneys and ensure that each call is handled appropriately, either by providing information and assistance or by routing the call to the appropriate individual within the company.
This is a pure customer service position; there are no responsibilities for selling, up-selling, or cross-selling. A small percentage of calls are individuals who may be upset; most callers are simply seeking assistance or information.
The ideal candidate has a welcoming personality and a natural desire to help people from a wide variety of backgrounds. Patience and empathy are key traits for success in this role, along with the ability to be politely firm when necessary. Successful performance requires the ability to learn information on a wide variety of technical topics and explain complex matters in simple terms. As the first point of contact of the company, the candidate should possess a clear speaking voice and proper spoken grammar.
Experience in workers compensation or payroll services is not necessary; we will provide the training and tools necessary for the right candidate to succeed in this role.
- Project the company’s smart, professional, and friendly culture to the public.
- Rapidly learn complex technical concepts and how to locate information in several software applications.
- Manage a large volume of incoming calls on a wide variety of subjects.
- Identify and meet each caller’s needs.
- Build trust with callers through open and interactive communication.
- Perform additional administrative tasks with a high level of accuracy.
- Be the kind of person that people look forward to talking with.
- Ability to quickly identify a caller’s needs and determine the best way to meet those needs.
- A clear speaking voice, strong spoken grammar, and naturally good manners.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with a broad audience of varying backgrounds
- Previous experience in customer service is a plus but not mandatory: we are more interested in the person than in the resume.