Omaha National is seeking an Accounting Specialist to join our growing team. This position will focus primarily on accounts payable functions. The ideal candidate is a detailed individual with AP experience or has an accounting background and is willing to be trained in these areas. We are looking for a positive role model who will embrace and support our culture that combines high standards for performance and behavior with an inspirational, honest, and friendly environment.
- Record all incoming vendor invoices, expense reports, check requests, and company credit card transactions; responsible for obtaining and reviewing proper supporting documents.
- Ensure all invoices have been properly coded and approved by the authorized employee.
- Manage all vendor correspondence via phone or email.
- Process all vendor payments and broker commissions via ACH and check; ensure all payments are made in accordance with company policy and are approved by the authorized employee.
- Provide positive, clear, and effective correspondence across all departments and to outside vendors.
- Experience in General Accounting is required.
- AP experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a similar field is a plus but not required.
- Sage Intacct Accounting Software is a plus but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills with superior attention to detail is required.
- Able to multitask and prioritize workloads.
- Able to produce accurate work quickly and consistently, and with a sense of urgency.
- Strong written and communication skills.
Omaha National provides a stable, positive work environment, competitive pay, excellent benefits, tuition reimbursement, 401K, and paid vacation and sick leave.